Workshop Duration: 2 Days (Wednesday & Thursday)
The purpose of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate an effective problem analysis. This course is ideal for anyone whose job involves problem-solving. As a minimum, all supervisors and lead personnel should take this course.
Course is run over 2 days during which the participants will apply everything learned to solve an exercise problem. Each student will be given the opportunity to facilitate a group in effective analysis.
- The course provides a working knowledge of the Apollo Root Cause Analysis™ methodology. It assists anyone in understanding fundamental problem-solving processes and how to facilitate an effective investigation.
- Problem definition - what, when, where
- Why "who" is not important
- Causes and timelines
- 5 Whys and beyond
- Review of RealityCharting® software and practical experience using the software to generate charts and reports
- Cause and Effect Chart creation
- The need for evidence
- Solution brainstorming
- Solution qualification
- Selecting effective solutions
- Group facilitation skills
- Common traps
- Incident investigation - program elements